Premier Fitness - Charged twice

3.2
Equipment Quality

Checked my checking account a saw i was charged twice for a charge of $25 apiece

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Premier Fitness - False Advertising!

Equipment Quality

They ran a promotion at a local kids martial arts studio for a 4 month promotion for adults. They acted like they were either owners or worked for the studio.

They said there we only signing up 40 people and that spots were filling up. At my first class, there were at least 60 people who just signed up and they continued to sign up more. This was for kick boxing. Hah!

I've taken real kickboxing before and these folks were just setting up their clients for injury. No proper training on techniques for punching and kicking. The mats were gross and smelled really bad. I'm willing to bet they signed up over 100 people.

I emailed to get my money back and get out of the contract.

I had a doctor's note stating I was to do no contact sports. I'm hoping they let me out of the contract or I will get other members to join me in a class action.

Review about: Premier Fitness Membership.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Premier Fitness - Full out theft

1.6
Equipment Quality

I went into Premier Fitness In Middletown Ohio looking for a short term gym. Even after many attempts from them to get me to sign a contract for a year or more, I refused, and told them I will be in town a few months and just want a place to work out.

They then offered me a month to month and I agreed, I refused to sign any contract, and then paid my first month. After 4 months I woke the sleeping employee up and told him it was my last day there. 3 years later and I check my credit and they have assigned over $800 to it.

I called them and they said even with a month to month I have to give them a written notice to cancel. Even after many heated conversations, they are still charging me each month.

I didn't like: Crooked business practice.

Premier Fitness - Taken

3.3
Equipment Quality

My son is autistic. The Dayton Mall location had about 20 kids in a small room.

It was very noisy. My 6 year old son was accidentally hit with a toy. He immediately hit the kid that threw the toy, automatic reaction. They told me that he could not come back.

I am a single mother and had no one to watch my son. I had 2 1/2 years left on my contract.

I wrote letters, talked to the owner and they would not let me out of my contract. I continue to pay and still cannot go.

Review about: Fitness Membership.

Premier Fitness - Worst Gym ever

1.7
Equipment Quality

In January of 2017 I signed up for a code I moved away in February suddenly and I couldn't cancel ! I was told I was on a year contract but it was a 3 year contract !

I then tried to cancel and was told I had to pay masses of money ! No help no other results then I miss a payment because my bills are more important then some *** gym I've used once and they double up my payment the next time !

I'm gonna find a way out this contract because when I explained that I wasn't ready to sign up I was just trying to see if it was worth it they handed me a paper and explained I could t work out without signing some form and next thing u know I'm in a contract !!! SCAM

Review about: Contract Gym.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Premier Fitness Customer Care Review from Franklin, Ohio

Franklin, Ohio 0 comments
1.1
Equipment Quality

Huber heights, ohio i was supposed to be paying $44 per month. Ive been with them for about 5 months.

They have taken DOUBLE PAYMENTS. AND A YEARLY PAYMENT THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE $29 that ended up being $98. Plus the $44!! TWICE!!!

I called the office i started at and they gave me this #18772176110. A man answered like it was his personal cell phone!

He kept saying he couldnt see what i was talking about and told me his name was Anthony white and REFUSED TO let me speak to his supervisor! From the start i was told by several people that this would happen...DO NOT BY ANY MEANS GO TO THIS PLACE!!

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Premier Fitness. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Premier Fitness.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Fitness Centers category for more informed decision or compare Premier Fitness to other companies on our site.

Premier Fitness Membership Review from Parole, Maryland

Parole, Maryland 1 comment

DO NOT sign a contract with Premier Fitness in Annapolis! If you need to move away from Annapolis and you have to cancel your membership early they throw a tantrum.

When I first moved here I asked them how much it would be to cancel my membership because I move around a lot with my job. They told me $100, no questions asked. That was completely wrong. Sharon is one of the financial advisors there and is extremely rude.

She told me I could not cancel even though I was moving out of state. I then talked to Kendall, another financial advisor and he let me cancel by paying the $100. He said that was it, no more payments. Then I saw that they took out another $50 for that month's membership!

When I talked to Kendall about it, he told me that he misunderstood and Sharon said that they take out the next month's payment. So Kendall was wrong and told me false information and could not stand up to Sharon to tell her that he gave me wrong information. I demanded that they take my card information out of their system and to give me proof so they wouldn't take any more money from me. They told me they couldn't provide proof and I finally got them to print some information out.

These people are very crooked, do not sign with them.

I've been involved with many gyms and I've never had to deal with this before. Save yourselves, do not get involved with them so you don't lose money.

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Premier Fitness. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Premier Fitness.

Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States #1204879

I was in the same situation. Their membership agreements have on it that you have to give 30 days written notice so had to pay that additional month too.

Wasn't happy, but it's what I signed. We should've read the contracts I guess.

Premier Fitness - Premier Health Fitness, Dayton Mall, Ohio Location

Dayton, Ohio 3 comments

My daughter wanted to join a gym over three years ago. I Manager at the time at Premier fitness,Dayton Mall location, made a "customized" contract for one year!

My daughter used the club four times and ended up moving out of state to college. I continued to pay this invoice for one year since we signed a contract. After one year, I canceled this membership. Come to find out, I've have been paying on my daughters fitness account for over three years.

This was suppose to be a one year contract. I just so happened noticed this club's still withdrawing from my checking account. I didn't realize due to I have another account that's under Premier Health Partners.

I CAN NOT get this company to STOP withdrawing this from my ACCOUNT!

I WILL NEVER join this gym AGAIN!

The staff is horrible, NOT HELPFUL and I'm about to contact the BBB!!!

I'm not sure where to take this since NO ONE WILL CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT!!! UGHHH Frustrating!!!

Review about: Premier Fitness.

San Jose, California, United States #1284737

Attorney general office

San Jose, California, United States #900163

I had cancelled my membership. IN WRITING BY EMAIL AS INSTRUCTED BY THEM.

I received an email confirmation and they told me it was my FINAL payment that I was paying. Now this month, they tell me I have another monthly payment due! They only use a billing company that cannot give any answers to billing questions or disputes. Nor will they tell you who to contact and how to contact the home office.

Stay away from this company. They are only interested in your money, not your satisfaction!

Dayton, Ohio, United States #780498

i cant even find corporates # and they are tryin to charge me 989 when out of my 30day trial i went 4 days in a week and didnt like it and told them i dont want the membership :(

Premier Fitness - Don't use bank account to make payments!!!!

Tampa, Florida 2 comments

They are who you call to cancel your shapes membership. I had a two year contract that was to expire in Feb 2013.I lost my job in february as well so I was relieved the last payment would be taken out.

Then they took out payments for March and April. I called to complain and was told "once contract expires, you will be debited month to month". They never ever informed me of this. Then to top it off, you cannot just cancel the membership.

You need to send a thirty day notice in writing...Are you kidding me?? I feel scammed!

Will let everyone know about it too!! 29248fc

Review about: Debit Card.

Comments

page.pettit
Annapolis, Maryland, United States #755687

This is NOT the Premier Fitness in Annapolis nor is it in any way affiliated.

Bodryn

I have refused to use debit cards in any of my accounts. I stick to ATM cards when possible.

On one account they tell me it's a debit card - but in that case, I was able to limit its use to only ATM, not "point of sale", thus making it an ATM card.

Premier Fitness - Membership and lost paperwork

My husband and I decided to get in shape for our wedding in September of 2011. We signed up at premier fitness in annapolis, md a few months before our wedding, June 2011.

Apparently they lost our original membership contract and made us sign another one. Failure to tell us it locked us in for 3 years!!! We can't get out of the contract. They want us to pay over $2,000 to get out of the contract!

We moved to Bowie and do not travel to Annapolis often. We are stuck!

We have tried everything...no luck. Help please!

Review about: Premier Fitness.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Houston, Texas, United States #630877

Most gyms will let you cancel your contract if you move beyond a certain distance. Have you taken this up with the gym owner?

If that doesn't get you anywhere, perhaps a complaint to the BBB will get some results. Sorry you're dealing with this!